
What I got for Mother's Day
The day started off with the anticipation of calling Clint. We knew that Mandy had a plan and wanted time to talk to him privately. So, she got to place the call and we got this nice little message that said "you are unable to place international calls". Don't panic, I'll just try dialing the number (it is a very long number) Same message! OK, time to panic. I started looking for the Dec. letter with the Christmas call phone number. Tom must of had instant inspiration. He says call the operator. Do they even still exist? If you punch enough #s they do. She tells me what numbers to use. Ok, try again. Next message - "all international lines are busy at this time." Ok, breath deep, count to ten, don't panic, just try it one more time. It rings, someone answers and rattles off something I don't understand, but the voice, I know that voice. It's our boy!!!
So what is new with our boy? He can't remember the English words he wants. He has had a very busy last 2 1/2 weeks with his new companion, Elder Quinn, from Park City. He is at a dinner appointment and the Zone Leaders are there too. He gets to travel by train this week to visit the other Elders in his District. Sunday nights are very busy because he has to call and get the numbers from the other elders in his district. We learn that when Elder Wright got his call they all four sang I Am a Child of God in Finnish for his parents. So we talk them into doing the same for us. Clint is practicing with the Ward Choir! They spent time in the schools this week teaching about Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon, and the Plan of Salvation in a required religion class.
What is not so new with Clint? He still drives to fast and gets tickets, he is still in love with a certain Wyoming girl, we still have to drag most information out of him. They still spend most of their time in public places and on the street approaching people and trying to bear their testimonies to them.
So back to Mandy's private chat with Clint. She brings out a piece of paper and begins to read a poem about me that she had written and then at the end they both thank me for what I do for them. Clint in Finnish and Mandy in English.
It's so nice to have a great day with your kids. After the call Mandy, Grandma L, and I were off to church and Tom was off to bed for some badly needed sleep after working all night!
I hope you all had a great day too!
P.S. I have fixed my comments one more time so hopefully you can ALL start leaving comments again. Thanks tons




No comments:
Post a Comment