Jun 1, 2009


We finally did it! After years of staining a wooden deck I said I would only replace it with cement and vinyl. I got the first part of my wish today. Hopefully the vinyl will soon follow.
As most of you know when we put our house in Tom worked at the sawmill which was an incredible blessing. The owners were very generous and allowed us to use all their equipment and many other things we needed. Lumber was also a good deal. But wood requires a lot of up keep so gradually we have been replacing sidewalks, retaining walls and now the deck with cement.
If you have ever done anything with cement you know it is not a one person job. We are very blessed with many good friends who show up for all our projects and help shovel mud. Thanks to their expertiece and Tom's hard work it always turns out great!
O, excuse me Tom just came and read my post. It is not cement IT IS CONCRETE:) MY BAD!

No comments: